Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gilbert Arenas - Common Sense


I'm not usually one to criticize players or writers, but I did notice this today and felt compelled to put something down.

Now I've always been a fan of Gilbert Arenas, the player that is. He heats up quick and he plays with a fearlessness that I love.

A few years ago I came across Gil's blog and became a fan of Gilbert Arenas, the personality. He's quirky, pretty well spoken and entertaining. Plus, who can forget his sweet Adidas commercial about nobody believing in him, and proving doubters wrong. I love that he embodied that.

But, injuries mounted and production on the court slowed and Gilbert's act began running stale. Well that brings us to this year and a (hopefully) healthy Gilbert Arenas.

At the Wizards' media day, Michael Lee of the Washington Post uncovered this quote from Gil:

"The biggest thing he had to say was that he was done being an entertainer. No more Agent Zero. No more hibachi. No more antics. No more blogging. And he says he has no plans to get on Twitter. Arenas said he is focused only on playing basketball and being more a leader for the team."

Really Gil? It took four years for you to realize that. How about you are in the NBA and are get paid to produce on the court..not entertain fans off the court electronically. I'm just glad that he's finally realized it and I hope we see some of the player that he once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment