Saturday, September 12, 2009

Michael Jordan Inducted Into the Hall of Fame


So what would the greatest basketball player of all time say when inducted into the Hall of Fame?

Well, he did what he does best..talked a lot of trash. But he did impart some wisdom at the end. Here was his closing quote:

The game of basketball has been everything to me. My refuge, my place I've always gone when I needed comfort and peace. It's been a source of intense pain and a source of most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction and one that no one can even imagine. It's been a relationship that has evolved over time and has given me the greatest respect and love for the game. It's provided me a platform to share my passion with millions, in way that I neither expected, nor could have imagined in my career. I hope that it's given the millions of people that I've touched the optimism and desire to achieve their goals through hard work, perseverance and positive attitude. Although I'm recognized with this tremendous honor of being in the basketball Hall of Fame. I don' look at this moment as the defining end of my relationship with basketball. It’s simply a continuation of something I started a long time ago. One day you might look up and see me playing the game at 50..oh don't laugh. Never say never. Because limits like fears, are often an illusion.

Pretty intense stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment